Here are a few highlights from the August 30, 2023 meeting. The full agenda can be viewed here:
Transportation Director Paul Bracco Recognizes Staff for their Hard Work over the Summer
4 staff members from our Transportation Department went above and beyond this summer to make repairs to some of our district vehicles. Elias Carrasco, LeAnne Kelly, Kevin Villela, and Kim Everly were all awarded challenge coins as a token of our appreciation for their effort.
Maintenance Director Joe Cruz Provides an Overview of the Department’s Summer Projects
Summer is a busy time for our maintenance department as they complete the projects they are unable to complete while students are on campus. Joe Cruz provided a presentation detailing each of the projects that were completed or started over the summer.
Communications Specialist Haley Maciel Presents the 2023-2024 Strategic Communication Plan
Haley Maciel presented the 3-year plan that will serve as a reference for our communication strategies going forward. The plan was created after gathering input from the ThoughtExchange survey in May 2023 and also uses the objectives from our new Strategic Plan as a reference point. The Strategic Communication Plan can be viewed here.
Consolidated High School Name, Mascot, and Color Selection Process Announced
Dr. Gibson and Mr. Critchfield explained the process that we will follow for selecting the new consolidated high school name, mascot, and colors. The document details how we will involve students and the larger community in the selection process. The process is expected to take 4-6 months. The process document can be viewed here.
From the Agenda:
- The board approved the new principal of Educational Options, Matt Medellin, to become a voting member of the Capital Adult Education Regional Consortium (CAERC), which is required for ongoing adult education funding.
- The board approved the Arts, Music, and Instructional Materials (AMIM) Discretionary Block Grant Plan.
- The board approved the contracts with Varsity Brands Impact Program, which allows us to partner with Varsity Brands as we go through the process of naming and branding the new consolidated junior high school and high school, as well as coming up with consistent branding for our elementary schools.
- The board approved the CODESTACK Special Education Information System Nightly Integration contract.
- The board approved the Education Advanced Inc. – Cardonex Contract which will help streamline the process of creating master schedules.
- The Elevate K-12 contract was removed from the agenda.
The next meeting will be held on September 20, 2023, tentatively scheduled to be held at the Amador County Administration Building, 810 Court St., Jackson, CA. Open session will begin at 6:30 pm. Board agendas can be viewed here.
ACUSD/ACOE BOARD BRIEFS are distributed to the community and staff of Amador County School District/Amador County Office of Education to highlight actions taken at board meetings. They are not intended to take the place of the meeting minutes. Citizens are encouraged to attend meetings. For information, visit amadorcoe.org.