Dr. Amy L. Slavensky, Superintendent of Schools
Dear Parents, Guardians, Students, Colleagues & Community Partners,
Welcome to the 2019-20 school year! I sincerely hope this message finds you rested and rejuvenated! With so much progress accomplished last year, this school year promises to be even more exciting and productive as we continue our dual focus on strengthening social-emotional wellness and accelerating academic achievement for all students.
No matter what seat we sit in, this means inspiring and supporting teachers and staff, building new partnerships, and collaborating with one another to ensure a sense of ongoing connectedness and well-being for all. Using positive and helpful feedback from the Board of Trustee’s recent evaluation of my leadership work and our collective progress, this year my goals will focus on three main areas: connecting with the schools and community, Special Education, and fiscal health. I look forward to sharing more about this as time goes by.
Please join me in congratulating and welcoming our new leadership team members:
- Deborah Cardin, Junior High Instructional Administrator at Ione Junior High School
- Donna Custodio, Director of Preschool/Child Care Council
- Andrew Gardner, Principal at Jackson Junior High School
- Carmen Glaister, Principal at Pioneer VAPA Elementary School
- John Hawley, Principal at Pine Grove STEM Elementary School
- Heather Minton, Junior High Instructional Administrator at Jackson Junior High School
I am eager to connect with all of you in new and exciting ways as we continue to keep the focus on our students! See you soon.
Amy Slavensky, Ph.D.
ACUSD Superintendent of Schools
- Superintendent Slavensky Spring 2019
- An Open Spring Message With Appreciation And Support
- Superintendent Slavensky Winter 2018/2019
- An Important Message From Dr. Amy Slavensky 11-9-18
- An Important Message From Dr. Amy Slavensky 10-19-18
- An Important Message From Dr. Amy Slavensky 9-21-18
- Superintendent Slavensky Fall 2018
- Superintendent Slavensky Spring/Summer 2018
- Superintendent Slavensky Winter/Spring 2018
- Superintendent Slavensky Spring 2017
- Superintendent Slavensky Winter 2016
- Superintendent Slavensky Fall 2016
- 2018-19 Accomplishments Report
- 2017-18 Accomplishments Report
- 2016-17 Accomplishments Report