Dr. Amy L. Slavensky, Superintendent of Schools
Dear Students, Families, Colleagues, and Community Partners,
“Most of us have far more courage than we ever dreamed we possessed.” – Dale Carnegie
Born November 24, 1888 in Maryville, Missouri and laid to rest in Belton, Missouri following his death on November 1, 1955, Carnegie was an American writer and lecturer, and the developer of courses in self-improvement, corporate training, public speaking, and interpersonal skills. Born into poverty on a farm in Missouri, he was the author of How to Win Friends and Influence People (1936), a bestseller that remains popular today. One of the core ideas in his books is that it is possible to change other people’s behavior by changing one’s behavior toward them.
Let us all consider in what ways we might change our behavior towards others in order to change or improve other people’s behavior.
This spring is different. We have experienced a different kind of spring break that is a sort of “forced” mental health break. Despite the many challenges we face, we are working hard to communicate and collaborate with all key stakeholders to make sure we are planning and executing appropriately. Planning and agreements will include making decisions about employee work time, providing meals for students, remote learning for students, and more.
Please know, I value each and every one of you and we look forward to returning to reopening our schools in a way that is “business as usual,” as soon as allowable and possible.
With respect and appreciation,
Amy Slavensky, Ph.D.
ACUSD Superintendent of Schools
- Instructions for Meal Pickup during School Closures (English) – PDF
- Instructions for Meal Pickup during School Closures (Spanish) – PDF
- COVID-19 Letter to Families 3.16.2020 – PDF
- ACOE & ACUSD Joint Press Release 2-18-20 – PDF
- OpEd September 2019 Sex Ed & CA Healthy Youth Act – PDF
- OpEd October 2019 HSS Framework FAIR Act – PDF
- OpEd November 2019 School Safety – PDF
- OpEd December 2019 School Culture – PDF
- OpEd January 2020 Teaching & Learning in 2020 – PDF
- Superintendent Slavensky_Winter_2020 – PDF
- Superintendent-Slavensky Fall 2019 – PDF
- Superintendent Slavensky Spring 2019 – PDF
- An Open Spring Message With Appreciation And Support – PDF
- Superintendent Slavensky Winter 2018/2019 – PDF
- An Important Message From Dr. Amy Slavensky 11-9-18 – PDF
- An Important Message From Dr. Amy Slavensky 10-19-18 – PDF
- An Important Message From Dr. Amy Slavensky 9-21-18 – PDF
- Superintendent Slavensky Fall 2018 – PDF
- Superintendent Slavensky Spring/Summer 2018 – PDF
- Superintendent Slavensky Winter/Spring 2018 – PDF
- Superintendent Slavensky Spring 2017 – PDF
- Superintendent Slavensky Winter 2016 – PDF
- Superintendent Slavensky Fall 2016 – PDF
- 2018-19 Accomplishments Report – PDF
- 2017-18 Accomplishments Report – PDF
- 2016-17 Accomplishments Report – PDF