Dr. Amy L. Slavensky, Superintendent of Schools
Dear Students, Families, Colleagues & Community Partners,
The cooler weather is finally here, and with it comes time to reflect and ponder the 2019 year which is nearly in the past. For me, this has been a year full of celebrations, opportunities, and learning experiences. Here are just a few examples of what I’m thinking about:
- Our schools and classrooms are moving forward with proactive social-emotional learning work with students, as well as robust standards-aligned teaching and learning experiences.
- Our students are learning and growing in many positive ways.
- Our district offices are buzzing with productivity and a strong desire to serve our schools and community well.
- Our fiscal condition is getting stronger and stronger. Check out our financial reports for more information.
As I continue to reflect on this work, I’d like to share the following quote with you: “When you replace judgment with curiosity, everything changes,” from Robyn Conley Downs. This makes me think about the power of inquiry, the power of asking questions, the power of seeking first to understand. As we move into 2020, I’d like to challenge all of us to commit to this approach. I think it may help us as we continue our essential work of supporting students, solidifying fiscal health, navigating transitions, and building trusting relationships.
Happy holidays and may peace be with you.
Amy Slavensky, Ph.D.
ACUSD Superintendent of Schools
- OpEd September 2019 Sex Ed & CA Healthy Youth Act – PDF
- OpEd October 2019 HSS Framework FAIR Act – PDF
- OpEd November 2019 School Safety – PDF
- OpEd December 2019 School Culture – PDF
- Superintendent-Slavensky Fall 2019 – PDF
- Superintendent Slavensky Spring 2019 – PDF
- An Open Spring Message With Appreciation And Support – PDF
- Superintendent Slavensky Winter 2018/2019 – PDF
- An Important Message From Dr. Amy Slavensky 11-9-18 – PDF
- An Important Message From Dr. Amy Slavensky 10-19-18 – PDF
- An Important Message From Dr. Amy Slavensky 9-21-18 – PDF
- Superintendent Slavensky Fall 2018 – PDF
- Superintendent Slavensky Spring/Summer 2018 – PDF
- Superintendent Slavensky Winter/Spring 2018 – PDF
- Superintendent Slavensky Spring 2017 – PDF
- Superintendent Slavensky Winter 2016 – PDF
- Superintendent Slavensky Fall 2016 – PDF
- 2018-19 Accomplishments Report – PDF
- 2017-18 Accomplishments Report – PDF
- 2016-17 Accomplishments Report – PDF