CALIFORNIA STATE PRESCHOOL PROGRAM
The preschool office will be open for enrollment information and scheduling appointments:
8:00 am – 2:30 pm
The office is located at:
217 Rex Ave. Office #3
Jackson, CA 95642
Phone number: 209-257-5338
Amador County State Preschool Program is a State-subsidized half-day program at four sites in the county. Our preschool mission is to provide highly qualified learning experiences to eligible three- and four-year-olds with a core curriculum that is culturally, developmentally, and linguistically appropriate. Breakfast is provided and there are several field trips during the year to enhance classroom learning.
We are currently incorporating the STEAM curriculum model (science, technology, engineering, arts, and mathematics) into our lessons and best preparing our students for a successful kindergarten and elementary school future.
Please carefully review the information below.
Age Requirements/Enrollment Priorities
Children must be age 3 or 4 on or before December 1.
Children are enrolled in order of specific program admission priorities. These priorities are as follows:
- First priority is given to age eligible 3- and 4-year-olds who are recipients of Child Protective Services (CPS) or who have been determined to be at risk of neglect, abuse, or exploitation.
- Second priority is given to age-eligible 4-year-olds who are returning for a 2nd year in the program, and 3- and 4- year olds with disabilities.
- Third priority is given to age-eligible children who turn 4 years old on or before December 1. Ranking priorities for Dual Language Learners, income-based families, and application date.
- Fourth priority is age-eligible 3-year-olds who turn 3 on or before December 1. Ranking priorities for Dual Language Learners, income-based families, and application date.
- Final priority is given to eligible households whose gross income is 15% over the State Medium Income. Ranking priorities for children with disabilities, 4-year-olds, then 3-year-olds.
Families who meet the age-eligible requirements also need to meet the income guidelines set by the California Department of Education (CDE).
Income limits are based on monthly gross pay, before taxes or deductions. Please be certain of your monthly income before submitting an application. Family size consists of parents/guardians and all minor children.
|Monthly Income Cap||$7,068||$8,049||$9,342||$10,837||$12,332||$12,612||$12,892||$13,172||$13,453||$13,733||$14,013|
- Children must be completely toilet trained.
- Child must reside in Amador County.
- Original birth certificate for ALL children under the age of 18.*
- Birth Certificate or other live birth records
- Passport for Services from the county welfare department
- Adoption documents
- Records of Foster Care placement
- Court orders regarding child custody or guardianship
*Birth certificates for all children in the family are required in order to establish age eligibility and family size.
- Updated immunization record for the child you are enrolling
- Acceptable documents include the yellow immunization card OR a printout from the doctor’s office.
- Required immunizations:
- Polio (IPV/OPV) = 3
- DTP/DTap/DT/Td = 4
- MMR = 1 (on or after the first birthday)
- HIB = 1 (on or after the first birthday)
- Hepatitis B = 3
- Varicella (Chickenpox) = 1
Current Physical and Health Forms
- A physical completed by your child’s doctor must be submitted within 30 days of enrollment.
- Physical exam must be within the last 365 days of enrollment.
- The doctor must note these on the physical form: allergies, asthma, seizures, medications, and additional forms may be required.
- Please let us know if your child will require any medication or other specialized health care procedure while at school, as an additional form from the doctor will be required.
Proof of Residency
- Provide proof of residence
- Current utility bill or government form (dated within 30 days of enrollment meeting) with your name and address.
Proof of Income
- Provide 1 month of income within last 60 days for all sources of income coming into the household for all parents/guardians in the home (including tips, cash income, IHSS, financial aid, child support, and assistance from family members).
- Fluctuating or Inconsistent Income:
- Provide income from 12 months immediately preceding certification.
- This includes income that varies due to: Migrant, agricultural, or seasonal work;
- Inconsistent, and/or unstable employment or self-employment resulting in an inconsistent pattern of income; or
- Intermittent, occasional, sporadic, or infrequent earnings or income, including but not limited to bonuses, commissions, lottery winnings, inheritance, back child support payment, overtime, or net proceeds from the sale of real property or stock. 5 CCR 17700(ai)
- If you receive CalWorks, provide current benefit verification for cash aid, welfare, Section 8, or low-income housing
- If you are self-employed, drive for Lyft/Uber or if income fluctuates: Provide 3 months of current income (profit-loss).
- If self-employed and paid in cash, additional paperwork will be required.
Related Information Documents
|Ione State Preschool||Ione Elementary||Shannon Blake||8:15-11:15 AM|
|Jackson State Preschool||Argonaut High School||Pam Schaap||8:15-11:15 AM|
|Pioneer State Preschool||Pioneer Elementary||Jessica Vaughn||8:00-11:00 AM|
|Plymouth State Preschool||Plymouth Elementary||Tamaran Hollingsworth||8:15-11:15 AM|